By Biljana van Rijn
John Rowan, humanistic therapist, deepest practice
‘This is a must-read e-book for college students on classes in counselling, psychotherapy, medical psychology and psychiatry.’
Heather Fowlie, Head of the Transactional research division, Metanoia Institute, London
Conducting a reliable overview and case formula could be a daunting job for trainee therapists undertaking scientific review for the 1st time. This publication is designed to aid, via unpicking the various facets occupied with evaluation and case formula throughout modalities, perform settings and consumer groups.
· Explores key parts of scientific overview together with prognosis, hazard evaluation, moral issues and accounting for difference.
· Highlights the mandatory abilities, recommendations and criminal requisites at each one level of the process.
· Takes into consideration the influence of tradition, context and theoretical and useful considerations.
· makes use of case stories and reflective inquiries to illustrate tricky recommendations in context.
Equipping you with the data and instruments to make winning checks and case formulations, this is often an important learn for trainees and for certified practitioners wishing to comb up on their knowing.
Dr Biljana van Rijn, school Head of utilized examine and scientific perform, Metanoia Institute.
Read or Download Assessment and Case Formulation in Counselling and Psychotherapy (Essential Issues in Counselling and Psychotherapy - Andrew Reeves) PDF
Similar psychological counselling books
A superb realizing of reflective perform is vital for sturdy perform in counselling and psychotherapy, and is a criterion for accreditation with the British organization for Counselling and Psychotherapy. This ebook takes scholars on a step by step trip during the heritage of reflective perform, from its origins with Donald Schon via to principles of information and tool and the way the counsellor or psychotherapist bargains with concerns surrounding the 'self'.
Counseling Psychology, one of many unique specialties famous within the occupation of psychology, facilities on and promotes consumers' own strengths in periods of developmental transition or own problem and problem. this custom has led the self-discipline to excellence in parts equivalent to enhancing vocational selection making and knowing buyer reaction in the course of counseling.
Taking care of Souls is a worthy primer at the intersection of psychology and Scripture. How psychology matches into Christianity is a thorny and infrequently complicated topic for plenty of. there's a good deal of confrontation even between specialists. In worrying for Souls, Gary Bredfeldt and Harry Shields tackle the intersection of Scripture and psychology in Christian counseling.
Examine extra approximately psychiatric drugs to raised comprehend your purchasers! Psychiatric drugs concerns for Social employees, Counselors, and Psychologists explores various concerns and dilemmas in psychopharmocology perform that emerge specially for social staff, counselors, and psychologists due to their specified roles and views.
- Ecotherapy: Theory, Research and Practice
- Die Krisen-Strategien der Banker: Lebenskrisen bewältigen – mit Know-how aus Finanzwelt und Psychologie (German Edition)
- Familienkonstellationen: Ihr Einfluß auf den Menschen (Beck'sche Reihe) (German Edition)
- A Short Introduction to Counselling (Short Introductions to the Therapy Professions)
- Du bist die Schüssel, nicht die Suppe: Akzeptanz- und Commitmenttherapie für den Alltag (German Edition)
- Therapy Talk: Conversation Analysis in Practice
Additional resources for Assessment and Case Formulation in Counselling and Psychotherapy (Essential Issues in Counselling and Psychotherapy - Andrew Reeves)
Assessment and Case Formulation in Counselling and Psychotherapy (Essential Issues in Counselling and Psychotherapy - Andrew Reeves) by Biljana van Rijn